Thursday, July 5, 2012

He's Here!

On May 27th, Sunday morning about 8:00 David and I were getting out of bed and preparing for a long and lazy Sunday.  Knowing we were not gonna have any more "lazy" sunday's in our future, we were gonna make the most of it.  Well those plans were quickly thrown out the window when I got up to tend to George and my water broke.  It was go time.  We were going to be meeting our little boy or little girl very soon.   It was about 10:00 and my contractions had begun.  So we called all the grandparents, did some last minute packing, ate a quick breakfast, packed up the car and headed to the hospital.  We arrived at the hospital a little before 11 and got all settled in.  At this point my contractions had picked up some but were still pretty manageable so my plan to have a natural birth seemed doable.  My contractions were getting stronger and closer together pretty quickly, quicker than I had anticipated.  I began to worry my plan to not get an epidural was going to be curtailed thinking that I was going to have to endure hours and hours of these contractions so intense and so close together.  Within 3 hours I was dilated to 8 cm.  I was in shock that I had dilated so quickly but it gave me the strength and confidence I needed to keep going.  Another 30 mins passed and I was fully dilated and was ready to push.  After pushing (and screaming) for about an hour, we finally got to hear those magical words, "It's a BOY!"  They placed Weyland on my chest and I was filled with so much emotion.  I can't even really put it into words.  I was so relieved to that my labor was over and that I was finally able to hold him in my arms.  I could never have anticipated or imagined the immediate love and joy I felt at that moment.  He is the most precious gift I could every ask for.  David and I are so incredibly blessed!  We love you so much Weyland!  My hope is that one day we can look back at this blog and relive all the memories together.












No comments:

Post a Comment