Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Year!

Well I managed not to fall apart.  You are a year old and I have yet to break down.  A good sign.

Let's get to it.  You are a busy busy boy.  You are everywhere and into everything.  In observing other children your age it has become even more evident how busy you are.  A toy will entertain you briefly but only until you move on to another toy or another task.  You have too much to do, feel, see and touch to be bothered with a toy for too long.  You are walking now too.  You have been taking a few steps here and there for a while now but on your birthday you started making attempts at actually walking.  You are on the move now.  It's so fun to watch you let go thrown your arms up and walk until you stumble.  You are still a clumsy walker, but I know it won't be long until you are an expert at it.  Let's face it you will be running, not walking.  You are still a super silly guy and love to laugh and giggle.  You can be shy sometimes especially around strangers or when there are just a few too many people paying attention to you.  You are still a snuggler too.  Please always love to snuggle with me.  You love pretty much all the same things you loved last month.  Oh but you have learned to clap and high five so I can add those things to the list of things you love to do.  Oh and you can chase George now, which you think is pretty awesome.   

You are still a big eater.  You LOVE fruit!  It's still number one and veggies are still a challenge but for the most part you are an excellent eater.  You are no longer taking a bottle and come to find out you do not like milk.  So far I can't get you to drink it, but we are working on other options.  You are still taking two naps a day and sleeping from 7:30 to 7ish.  You have 5 teeth.  Two on the bottom and three on the top.  You are in size 12-18 months clothes and a size 4 diaper.  You still LOVE your thumb!  It's probably in your mouth 50% of the day.  You are almost 23 pounds and measure 30 inches, although I swear you look taller everyday.  You are still about the 30th percentile for weight and 70th for height.  Tall and skinny just like your daddy.

This year went by soooo fast!  But looking back, I think it's a good thing it went by so quickly.  There are days when I wish nap time would just last 10 more minutes (or 30 more minutes). There are also days when we are having so much fun I find it difficult to put you down for your nap at all.  There are days when bed time can't come quick enough.  And there are also times when I wish I could stretch out a moment or a day for weeks.  But, I've learned its the balance that gives you sanity.  I've learned so much lessons over this past year.  But I think the most significant lesson I've learned is to slow down and be present.  Being present with you is the only way I can absorb all of your cuteness, snuggles, tantrums, falls, cries, and love.

Weyland you give me so much joy!  More joy than I EVER could have imagined.  Just looking at you makes me smile and fills my heart.  I am so proud of you, everyday.  And I am so incredibly lucky that I get to be your Mommy and take care of you everyday!





Mother's Day with my little man

He is so silly sometimes.  Love him!

Happy Birthday Weyland!!!







Yay! Happy Birthday Weyland!!!





He is a walking man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment