Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Eight Months!





Weyland you are eight months old, which means only 4 more months and you will be a year old.  I could cry right now just thinking about that.  You are growing up so fast.  You are a totally different baby now.  You can sit up on your own now.  You are now able to pull up onto anything you can reach, which includes the ottoman, coffee table, you crib, the ledge of the fireplace, cabinets, the baby gate, chairs, well pretty much anything in our house.  This month you began the beginning steps to crawling, getting on all fours, rocking on all fours, moving your arms in front of you and then dragging your legs.  But about a week ago you finally figured it out.  You have instantaneously become a very mobile little guy.  Which I was totally unprepared for.   Sometimes if I look away for a few seconds you have turned the corner into the next room.  You are my little explorer now.  It's as if you can finally touch, feel and explore all those things around the house you have been looking at for months but have never been able to get to.  Needless to say we have baby proofed everything.  Oh and you have also figured out how to open cabinets, yikes!  You now have 2 teeth.  Your bottom 2 teeth came in pretty much back to back.  The first one showed up on New Years day and the second one was a few days after.  You are becoming more and more independent.  I can sit you on the floor and you can play on your own for a solid 20-30 mins.  I still like to play with you, but it's nice knowing that you can entertain your self for longer periods of time.  You love books!  Sometimes when I can tell you are getting a little bored I just sit you in my lap and we read a few books.  You love it.  Your Aunt Page gave me some sign language books for babies, with basic signs and you love to watch me sign to you.  I'm praying I can do it enough that you will catch on soon.  You also love to bang your hands or your toy on any surface you can.  I should just buy you some drums.  You also love to listen to Daddy play the guitar.  It'a a little trickier to do now, since you can crawl over to Daddy and bang on the guitar as he is playing it.  So most of your guitar listening sessions are done in your high chair now.  Or Daddy just lets you join in the fun and lets you bang away.  You are still a mama's boy, which is TOTALLY okay. :)  But thankfully it's only when you are really cranky now that you will not have anyone hold you or play with you except for mama.  For the most part you are a pretty laid back, happy go lucky guy.  You are not nearly as temperamental as you were when you were much smaller.  But you still have moments when your touchy more sensitive side comes out.  It's mostly when you are tired or when you get a little impatient waiting for your food or even when you don't get what you want, now.  Speaking of food, you are still an excellent eater.  I find that I have to make more and more baby food each week!  You are officially a meat eater now too.  You are trying to work on chewing chunkier food since you have a few teeth to work with now.  You are becoming more particular about food too.  You will eat any fruit I give you but veggies are another story.  If I mix them with fruit then you usually have no problem but on their own it's a struggle sometimes.  You like sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and spinach (only cause it's hidden).  You are still nursing, which I am very thankful for.  You weigh about 18 pounds now (according to our scale at home), you are wearing 9 month clothes and a size 3 diaper (I've been on a cloth diaper strike these days).  You still LOVE your thumb.  It's your soother, your companion, and your best friend.  :).  You are more and more vocal  now too.  Your vocabulary now consists of da da, ma ma, ba ba as well as various other syllables.  Lately your favorite thing to do is to squeal.  It's almost as if you are testing your vocal range to see how high pitched you can get it.  It's pretty funny.   Bath time is something you are not as fond of as you once were.  It's very hit or miss.  Sometimes you love it and other nights you can't wait to get out.  The evening has never been your best time of day.  Sleeping is the same as bath time, sometimes it's great and other days its a struggle.  But at least your sleep at night has become consistent.  You will have one wake up around 3 or 4 to eat but then sleep till 7 most days (thank goodness).  Happy 8 months Weyland!  We love you so very much!



Loves that thumb



My happy little guy



Probably his favorite play spot, go figure



My view of Weyland these days

You still have such an expressive face.  I love it!








 Sorry Weyland, I couldn't help myself


 We finally gave in and gave him his own remote.  



I took a lot of video this month, so here is a little Weyland movie montage 




No comments:

Post a Comment