Friday, August 22, 2014

Catch up

Wow I haven't visited our blog in a very long time.  It's been over a year. Yikes!  I really hate that I wasn't able to document Weyland's second year because like the first year he has reached so many milestones and he has changed so much.  So because I documented Weyland's first year so well I thought I should do the same for little Emma Gene.

Let me catch everyone up a little though, first.  We are now civilians!  David and I made the decision to leave the Army and to pursue life in the civilian world.  The Army was so good to us and we had lots of great experiences along the way.  We got to see some cool places and we made so many great friends, but we were ready for a change.

We are also now Houstonians!  We moved to Houston in April and we are loving it!  After getting used to all the traffic and humidity we are really enjoying our new home.  Unfortunately we have no family here but we are incredible blessed to have lots of great friends who have been taking great care of us as we have been making our transition.  Before moving to Houston we decided to buy our first house! Being a homeowner has its ups and downs but overall it has been great!

Probably the biggest change in our life has been our little Emma Gene.  On August 3rd we became a family of four.  She is such a good baby and so far Weyland has transitioned to his big brother roll pretty well.  I will keep everyone updated on everything Emma Gene and Weyland over the next year (hopefully).  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment