Monday, August 13, 2012

Nana and Papa come to visit!

The last weekend in July, Weyland's Nana and Papa (paw-paw) came to visit!  It was so nice having them here.  They were here for a long weekend, but it wasn't long enough.  Nana and Papa got here just in time for Weyland's 2 month birthday.  They came at the perfect time.  Weyland, in the past week has started smiling and talking a lot more, so it was fun for them to get to see him at this stage.  Papa started out his mini vaca playing golf (surprise).  And Nana and I spent the day with Weyland, running around town.  That night they were lucky enough to attend a home coming ceremony with us.  I was so happy to be able to share the home coming ceremony's with so many friends and family.  It's such an awesome experience and it's a little peak into what being a military family is like.  The next day was Weyland's 2 month check up.  Nana and Papa decided to both go with me, for moral support.  And I needed it.  Seeing that little guy in pain is rough.  But lucky for me Papa is a baby whisperer and I had a nap guarantee for Weyland.  I decided to hire him full time, but he regretfully declined.  Apparently he wasn't looking for any baby whispering work.  Plus a 9 hour commute is a little impractical.  So after his traumatic day at the doctor, Papa plopped down on the couch with Weyland and put him to sleep.  Nana and I even got to leave the house for a bit to have a mini shopping trip, yay!  The next day we decided to go on a little road trip.  David managed to escape work (on a Saturday, yuck) for the afternoon and was able to join us!  A much needed break for him.  We ventured to Las Cruses, to check out some winery's.  It was Weyland's first road trip.  He did so great!  He got a little fussy there for a while, but after he ate, he crashed, so David and I were able to enjoy the winery a little bit.  I say a little bit because David was our driver and I am still breastfeeding so wine tasting wasn't really in the cards.  But we had a beautiful view and a nice breeze, so who needs wine?  ( I do! haha).  The next day Nana and Papa had to leave. :(  We had one last relaxing day with them.  Papa played one more round of golf (surprise) and later that day we went out for some delicious mexican seafood.  

We had so much fun with Nana and Papa!  I can't wait to be closer to them so I don't have to wait so long between visits!  Mimi is coming to visit next!!  Stay tuned for the blog about her visit!


 Papa the baby whisperer 



On his way to his 2 month check up!




1st Road Trip to Las Cruses


No comments:

Post a Comment