Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Visitors!!

Being all the way out in El Paso we don't get many visitors, but we have had a bunch since we had little Weyland.  I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I really do like El Paso and I have discovered in the 2 years of living here that it has a lot to offer.  Although, now having Weyland a lot of El Paso's offerings aren't very practical.  I digress.  I must not do a very good job of conveying all the great things about El Paso because it's kind of hard to convince friends to come all the way out here.  



Matt and Brittany Adams and our adorable godson Ryan were first.  We were so excited that they came all the way out here to see us!  They are great friends and we don't get to see them much, so it was awesome to get to spend a whole weekend with them.  David's job was pretty much 24/7 at the time so unfortunately he didn't get to spend all the time with them that I did.  But he did manage to sneak away Saturday and hang out with us.  Friday we met up with David for a quick lunch and then Matt and Brittany got a quick tour of Fort Bliss.  Later that day we went back to post to attend a welcome home ceremony.  The brigade David is in is coming back from deployment.  Soldiers come back a little at a time, so about every other day there is a plane of soldiers that comes home and they are welcomed by friends and family at a home coming ceremony.  It's a pretty cool experience and I feel so lucky to have been a part of so many.  Besides it taking place in a hot and stuffy gym, kind of late at night I think we all had a unforgettable experience.  It always brings tears to my eyes because it brings back memories of when David came home only a few months ago.  The next day Matt joined David at work for a couple of hours for some much needed guy time and Brittany and I spent the day hanging out at home with Weyland and Ryan.  It was so nice getting to spend some much needed mommy time with Brittany.  I miss her :(.  And it was a blast getting to spend so much time with Ryan.  He is 15 months old and he is a walking, talking, eating machine!  He is at such a fun age!  I got to see him chase George around saying "dog" all day.  He is very proud of knowing that word.  We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing at home, cooking out and hanging out with the kids.  We had so much fun with them and were so happy they made the trip out to see us!  I did an awful job of taking pictures so here are the few that we took.  





Matt, Brittany and Ryan left us on Sunday and the very next day I was at the airport picking up one of my best friends Tiffany.  Lucky for me her hubby travels a lot and she had the summer off, so she was able to come down to El Paso to spend a few days with me and Weyland.  We didn't do a ton, but we did have a lot of fun together.  She was here for Weyland's first big thunderstorm, which we got to experience outside since I conveniently locked us out of my apartment ( I blame the mommy brain, which is like pregnancy brain, but worse).  She also got to attend a homecoming ceremony with us.  It was a crazy weekend in El Paso with lots of rain and after the homecoming there was a double rainbow outside.  She snapped a pick of it for us.  Not sure if you can see the double rainbow in this picture though.


We hit up the outlets one day and did as much shopping as Weyland let us.   I also helped Tiff with some finalizing of our 10 year high school reunion which was that coming weekend.  Which meant going through our high school senior year book which was a pretty humorous.   Lots of reminiscing, which was so fun!   The rest of the week we mostly just ran around town and spent some good quality time together.  It was a great couple of days for me and Weyland.  And Tiffany definitely has the magic touch because Weyland was so good while Tiff was here.  And he let her hold him all he wanted.  Lately he seems to be in a I only want mommy phase.  I was not looking forward to her leaving.   Here are some pics from her week here.  


Auntie Tiff got to help out with bath time!

Tiff snapped this picture of David and Weyland.  He loves the guitar!  Especially when Daddy plays for him


Two of the super cute onesies Auntie Tiff got for little Weyland 







No comments:

Post a Comment