Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Three Months Old!




Wow!  Weyland you are three months old!  I can't believe it.  You are so much fun these days.  You continue to smile and talk a ton and we have even gotten a laugh out of you a few times.  Your favorite thing these days is to just hang out on the floor on a blanket or your play mat.  I think it must be the freedom of the floor you love.  You stretch out your arms and your legs and you throw your hips back and forth.  You have started to grab on to things too.  I love putting a toy or a small blanket in your hand and watch you hold on to it for dear life or try to put it in your mouth.  You love being on the changing table too.  I haven't quite figured that one out yet.  But your whole demeanor will change the minute you are on that changing pad.  One minute you are crying and the next you are smiling from ear to ear.  David and I have also discovered that you LOVE being naked.  If it wasn't for fear of you peeing all over the place I would let you be naked a lot more often.  As soon as that diaper comes off you are so happy and free.  You still really like your swing and it's still the only way I can get you to nap on your own.  You are still not that great at napping during the day, but usually you will nap in the morning, afternoon and late afternoon for about 20 -30 mins at a time.  You usually end up napping on mommy one out of those three times.  Your good sleeping at night has been somewhat disrupted due to our trip we took to fort worth.  That really messed you up.  But we are slowing getting back to your 9pm to anywhere between 5 and 7am.  We still swaddle you at night, and are trying to decide how much longer we are going to do that.  Especially since you decided to roll over in the strangest of places at the most random time!! We were at the airport and I put you down on your blanket to keep you happy and you decided to roll over all on your own.  I was so excited, but couldn't jump up and down like I wanted for fear of embarassment by all my fellow travelers.  I was already getting looks for having my baby on the floor in an airport.  But hey, anything to keep you happy.  You have only done it a few other times since.  You are pacing yourself, I understand.  You also really really want to suck your thumb.  You have mastered the position and the placement, but that dang thumb just isn't big enough.  Don't worry you'll get it down one day.  You are fitting into all your 3 month clothes, grown out your 0-3 months and are now fitting into 3-6 months.  We are still doing primarily cloth diapers, but in regular diapers you are still in size 2's.  You are still a little piglet and like to eat every 2 hours, although now days it seems you can go a little bit longer between feedings and now it only takes you about 20-30 mins to eat.  Breastfeeding still poses it's challenges but it is not the challenge it once was.  Not sure of how much you weigh exactly, but its around 14.5 lbs.  You are getting big!  It's amazing the difference a month can make.  We love you Weyland!!



All ready for hunting season



Hanging out with daddy before bedtime




Look mom, I can hold onto my toy!







Napping with daddy (thanks daddy!!)


I still love my swing!


pretty sure he was laughing at daddy in the background


More of the 3 month photo shoot








No comments:

Post a Comment