Saturday, November 3, 2012

Five Months!





Weyland you are 5 months old!  I think every month just goes by faster and faster.  There have been so many changes this month that I'm not sure where to start.  We will start with the most current change.  You have completed your first Army move, which means you officially have lived in 2 states before your first birthday.  You have also become a road tripping baby!  We visited 3 places in about a week, so you have become very accustom to being in the car.  That doesn't mean you still like it much.  But as long as one of us is in the back seat with you, you seem to do okay.  I don't have any exact number for height or weight, but I do know you weigh about 16lbs.  I think I have been in denial about you growing up because I was still trying to squeeze you in your 3 month clothes but you have officially out grown them.  You are now in 6 month clothes.  You are also now in a size 3 diaper.  Now that we are moved and settled I'll go back to cloth diapers.  You are not quite mobile yet but man you are a squirmy little man.  You are rolling over a ton.  And your favorite thing to do these days is to arch your back.  You pretty much arch to get out of any situation; your car seat, the high chair, the swing, sitting in mommy or daddy's lap.  You name it, you arch your way out of it.  You are also reaching and grabbing EVERYTHING!  Anything in my hands you want, including my coffee in the morning.  I now have to be very careful about what I put in front of me and have to make sure its not within arms reach.  And when you do get your hand on something it usually ends up in your mouth.  Speaking of your mouth, you are now eating solids!  It was a slow start but you love your 2 meals of solid foods a day.  So far you love apples, bananas, carrots and squash.  Not such a fan of green beans or rice cereal.  But you do like oatmeal.  Feeding you solids is pretty fun.  You get really excited, open your mouth really wide and make a yummmmmm sound when you swallow and then sometimes squeal if I don't get the next bite to you fast enough.  It's pretty funny.  You are also now officially a thumb sucking little man.  I'm relieved you have finally discovered how to do it, because it means you can sooth yourself much easier in the car, at nap time and just in general.  You are sleeping much better these days too.  I think it's because I have finally put you on a schedule.  It only took me 5 months :/.  You nurse every four hours and you take 2 "long naps" and a little catnap in the evening, in your OWN CRIB! Who-hoo!!  Naps are still somewhat of a struggle sometimes, especially getting you to take a long one.  But now that we are settled and you are not sleeping in a different place every 3 days I think they will get longer.  I owe this routine all to "The Secrets of the Baby Whisper".  That baby whisperer I needed, I found her.  And she has changed my life!  I followed her advice and, viola, Weyland was napping on his own and I was able to put him on a routine.  You are sleeping through the night too.  You go down about 8 and you wake up around 5.  I try to get you back to sleep until 7, sometimes you fight me and sometimes you don't.  Oh and did I mention you are tummy sleeper now.  It's amazing how quickly you transition to hating being on your tummy to then sleeping on your tummy.  You are so much fun these days, laughing and smiling at us.  It's like a game everyday to make you giggle.  Your personality is really starting to develop.  You can be a bit shy sometimes when you meet new people, but after a few encounters all it takes is a little talking to you and you crack a smile.  You still love being on the floor but it seems like these days you would much rather be held.  And you still love your swing!  Although you are not in it much, since I don't need it for naps anymore.  But it's almost as if the absence of the swing in your life makes you love it even more.  I'm writing this blog about a week late so it feels like I'm missing a ton of stuff.  But, you change so quickly it's hard to keep up.  I can't wait to see what changes will come in this next month!!











First bite of Rice Cereal.  His face says it all!



Yummy Carrots!  He wasn't too fond of them at first but he loves them now!




Mimi and Big David gave us this adorable A&M sweatsuit that David wore when he was a baby!  And that hat by the way was also David's. Too stinking cute!!



He didn't think the hat was as cute as I thought it was. :)


Getting in some good floor time with Daddy









Weyland also got to meet his new friend Henry Adams.  Who is precious!!  Our godson Ryan's new brother.  Henry is a tank, and is so sweet!  I'm so glad we got to finally meet him!


I tried to get some shots of Ryan giving Weyland sweet kisses.  This was the best I could do.  He is so adorable and was so sweet to Weyland,  patting his head and giving him kisses.  He is gonna be such a good big brother!

Glued to the TV.  Probably Yo Gabba Gabba.  Ryan's fav!


The only shot I could get of them both looking at me.  I successfully got their attention for a full 15 seconds.  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment